Keeping yourself motivated as you journey towards achieving your dreams, goals and destiny can be very daunting. But it can be done.
You will find on this journey that you and you alone may be your only cheerleader at times. Don’t lose heart or get upset. Remember that it is your dreams not theirs. Although, others may start out with you, they may not remain. You may begin to hear talk of quitting for your own good. Bless them; they believe in many instances that they have your best interest at heart. They want to save you from what they believe to be imminent failure. Avoid these thoughtful people as much as possible. If they cannot be avoided because they are members of your family, then chose very carefully what you share with them as it pertains to your dreams. Everyone is not meant to be apart of your dreams, goals or destiny.
Here are some tips for keeping yourself motivated through the hard times..
- Write encouraging statements on index cards and read them daily
- Type in bold big letters your favorite positive thoughts, frame them, and place them around your home and office.
- Choose a song that motivates you and make it your theme song for the journey. Play it daily to help keep you moving forward.
- Surround yourself with people of like mind.
- Don’t beat yourself up when you make a mistake or have a setback- it is part of the process and now you know what not to do.
It is important to listen to those who give constructive advice. It is destructive to listen to naysayers who don’t believe in your journey.